Navigator
Online Users

In total there are 46 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 44 guests

Most users ever online was 373 on Thu Dec 06, 2007 19:29

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

Last Online
In order to view the online list you have to be registered and logged in.

We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.

Click here to Register

Search

introducing young

THIS IS A READ ONLY FORUM. PLEASE VISIT OUR FACEBOOK PAGE ON https://www.facebook.com/groups/312863568081/

Moderators: iwade4fish, Super Turtleman, matt_harry_harrison

introducing young

PostAuthor: s1john » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:26

what is the best way to introduce you bristle noses, i have just released a group of abot 8 at about a inch in size into one of my mbuna tanks and they have just taken a absolute beating, 2 looked to have been killed. I turned out the tank lights for half hour before introducing the BNs and left the light off after but it was clear to see the attacks going on. Is there a better way to do it ?

s1john
Metriaclima Membe Deep
Metriaclima Membe Deep

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Re: introducing young

PostAuthor: kathateria » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:20

Aw,thats so sad.my mbuna dont bother with them at all.Can you make a DIY plastic tray trap,until the grow on?
There is no such thing as a peaceful mbuna.They are all 2 faced moody sods!
kathateria
Metriaclima Membe Deep
Metriaclima Membe Deep

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Re: introducing young

PostAuthor: s1john » Mon Jan 16, 2012 13:32

I think it was just the initial introduction, they dont seem to be bothering them now? I have another 60 odd young BNs at about 1/2 inch that are about to go into my fry tank nothing in there is over a inch so should be ok

s1john
Metriaclima Membe Deep
Metriaclima Membe Deep

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Return to Other Fishes