Navigator
Online Users

In total there are 14 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 11 guests

Most users ever online was 373 on Thu Dec 06, 2007 19:29

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

Last Online
In order to view the online list you have to be registered and logged in.

We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.

Click here to Register

Search

Improved pirahna vid.

THIS IS A READ ONLY FORUM. PLEASE VISIT OUR FACEBOOK PAGE ON https://www.facebook.com/groups/312863568081/

Moderators: iwade4fish, Super Turtleman, matt_harry_harrison

Improved pirahna vid.

PostAuthor: vinboy » Wed Dec 28, 2011 19:11

The last vid the water was to heavy teastained and to much floating plants with my advice my mate has reduced :)
i think making it look much better.Look at the shine on them pirahnas they look in great health.
About a 100 tetras in there all shoaling but way to quick for the mouths of the meateaters.
Tank is 4/12 foot by 3 foot by 3 great cube in a fish house.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwbvCxpR7kc
vinny
vinboy
Metriaclima Membe Deep
Metriaclima Membe Deep

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Re: Improved pirahna vid.

PostAuthor: kathateria » Wed Dec 28, 2011 21:22

I feel really sorry for the bait,sorry,tetra's.

I cant see the attraction to the fish.They arent beautiful,or entertaining. Just not my thing. :no

The tank set up is very natural looking,so well done to your friend (and your input).A job well done
There is no such thing as a peaceful mbuna.They are all 2 faced moody sods!
kathateria
Metriaclima Membe Deep
Metriaclima Membe Deep

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

PostAuthor: vinboy » Wed Dec 28, 2011 23:09

kathateria wrote:I feel really sorry for the bait,sorry,tetra's.

I cant see the attraction to the fish.They arent beautiful,or entertaining. Just not my thing. :no

The tank set up is very natural looking,so well done to your friend (and your input).A job well done

Tetras will be fine they all live together in wild waters they are not even a nibble to them.
Some tetras are even breeding already loads of fry.
The pirahnas only attack stressed or weakened larger fish.
So dont worry were not being cruel or giving them a bad life they all thing they are home :D
vinny
vinboy
Metriaclima Membe Deep
Metriaclima Membe Deep

PostAuthor: Malawi MaD » Thu Dec 29, 2011 08:15

Nice looking tank but they have got an evil look to them, what they like if you put your hand in?
Malawi MaD
Metriaclima Membe Deep
Metriaclima Membe Deep

11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership

PostAuthor: vinboy » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:38

Malawi MaD wrote:Nice looking tank but they have got an evil look to them, what they like if you put your hand in?

There quite skittish but i would not risk it :no they are over 10in and if they had a go could do so serious damage.
A long stick to move anything plus a mini pond vac for water changes :lol:
vinny
vinboy
Metriaclima Membe Deep
Metriaclima Membe Deep

PostAuthor: Malawi MaD » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:33

vinboy wrote:
Malawi MaD wrote:Nice looking tank but they have got an evil look to them, what they like if you put your hand in?

There quite skittish but i would not risk it :no they are over 10in and if they had a go could do so serious damage.
A long stick to move anything plus a mini pond vac for water changes :lol:
vinny

I can imagine, its quite scary actually the thought of what damage they could do. Still a lovely set-up mind you.
Malawi MaD
Metriaclima Membe Deep
Metriaclima Membe Deep

11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership

PostAuthor: BLUNDZ » Fri Dec 30, 2011 22:51

Well, well, well, well, well i dunno :dunno:
Not only does mother nature slap a face on ya that only a mother could love :shock:
But then she says you gotta live in water that looks like the local P1SS HOLE for cattle :sick:
If indeed there is a god (which i seriously doubt) please, please ! PLEASE !!!
Don't bring me back as a pirhana :no

BLUNDZ
Metriaclima Membe Deep
Metriaclima Membe Deep

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

PostAuthor: kathateria » Fri Dec 30, 2011 23:56

BLUNDZ wrote:Well, well, well, well, well i dunno :dunno:
Not only does mother nature slap a face on ya that only a mother could love :shock:
But then she says you gotta live in water that looks like the local P1SS HOLE for cattle :sick:

Dont sugar coat it.Say what you really mean :lmao:
There is no such thing as a peaceful mbuna.They are all 2 faced moody sods!
kathateria
Metriaclima Membe Deep
Metriaclima Membe Deep

PostAuthor: Malawi MaD » Sat Dec 31, 2011 00:00

Guessing it's not your cup of tea then :)
Malawi MaD
Metriaclima Membe Deep
Metriaclima Membe Deep

PostAuthor: vinboy » Sat Dec 31, 2011 00:24

NATURE is cruel world :lol:
vinny
vinboy
Metriaclima Membe Deep
Metriaclima Membe Deep

PostAuthor: Sam » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:34

Well i love it, and i'm seriuosly thinking of selling all my Mbuna this week!!
sam@lakemalawi.co.uk
Sam
Forum Control
Forum Control

PostAuthor: vinboy » Sun Jan 01, 2012 13:27

Sam wrote:Well i love it, and i'm seriuosly thinking of selling all my Mbuna this week!!

:shock: really sam
Well its your choice mate if yer ever up this way i will show this tank the vid does no justice at all.
Its as natural as any pirahana aquarium i have watched including the blue planets.
vinny
vinboy
Metriaclima Membe Deep
Metriaclima Membe Deep

PostAuthor: s1john » Sun Jan 01, 2012 13:44

i kept pirahna many years ago and got to say one of the most boring fish i have ever kept, i also kept tetra with mine and the pirahna never touched them. I did thou have a touch of canabalism in my tank one of the older pirahna became weak/ill so removed it and treated it and put it back 1/2 hour later nothing was left of it.these fish do sence the smallest weakness in anything and are very mush oppotunists rater than outright killers.

s1john
Metriaclima Membe Deep
Metriaclima Membe Deep

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

PostAuthor: vinboy » Sun Jan 01, 2012 13:58

s1john wrote:i kept pirahna many years ago and got to say one of the most boring fish i have ever kept, i also kept tetra with mine and the pirahna never touched them. I did thou have a touch of canabalism in my tank one of the older pirahna became weak/ill so removed it and treated it and put it back 1/2 hour later nothing was left of it.these fish do sence the smallest weakness in anything and are very mush oppotunists rater than outright killers.

Alot of fish are classed as boring to mbnua keepers after having a battling aquarium.
Very true these fish are no oscars or snakeheads but anything in a unhealthy state will be eaten and eaten quick :shock:
vinny
vinboy
Metriaclima Membe Deep
Metriaclima Membe Deep

PostAuthor: BLUNDZ » Sun Jan 01, 2012 15:14

vinboy wrote:

NATURE is cruel world :lol:
vinny

Glad Vinnie took this the way it was ment :thumbs-up:

Was only a joke :innocent:

They just don't do anything for me, If we all agreed on everthing . . . . . :roll:

Sam wrote:Well i love it, and i'm seriuosly thinking of selling all my Mbuna this week!!

You really gotta get it out of your system Sam :lol:
Best of luck with the new project :good:
(good luck with the wife too :lmao: )

BLUNDZ
Metriaclima Membe Deep
Metriaclima Membe Deep

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Next

Return to Other Fishes