Navigator
Online Users

In total there are 11 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 8 guests

Most users ever online was 373 on Thu Dec 06, 2007 19:29

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

Last Online
In order to view the online list you have to be registered and logged in.

We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.

Click here to Register

Search

syno njassae

THIS IS A READ ONLY FORUM. PLEASE VISIT OUR FACEBOOK PAGE ON https://www.facebook.com/groups/312863568081/

Moderators: iwade4fish, Super Turtleman, matt_harry_harrison

syno njassae

PostAuthor: trumps » Thu Nov 24, 2011 22:25

hi all,

does anyone know if you can get f1s of these. If not are the wilds as hard to keep as the mbuna?

If this is in the wrong section then please move to the correct one
cheers,

trumps

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Re: syno njassae

PostAuthor: Sam » Thu Nov 24, 2011 22:27

Topic Moved to Bottom Feeders (Cats)

They are no different/harder to keep. In fact they pretty much keep themselves
sam@lakemalawi.co.uk
Sam
Forum Control
Forum Control

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

PostAuthor: trumps » Thu Nov 24, 2011 22:33

cheers sam

does that go for mbuna as well?

I currently have 30juvie mbuna in a 350l tank would i have room for synos when all are fully grown?
cheers,

trumps

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

PostAuthor: Sam » Thu Nov 24, 2011 22:37

I meant compared to Mbuna. (TB/F1/WC)
It all depends on what Juvies you have, some are obviously Bigger/Smaller than Others, but i would say at 350l and 30 Fish you are going to be at the Upper Limits of the Tank/Filter But i think a Couple of Syno's won't hurt as they keep themselves seperate from the Mbuna and don't involve themselves with them
sam@lakemalawi.co.uk
Sam
Forum Control
Forum Control

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

PostAuthor: trumps » Thu Nov 24, 2011 22:55

the thing is sam 1 calculator says 350 and the other 420 so not sure really.
Tank dimensions are 1190x470x590 Thats internal. Any ideas.
Currently have zebra chilumba,hongi,membe deeps, joanjohnansae and yellow labs.
cheers,

trumps

PostAuthor: trumps » Fri Nov 25, 2011 00:13

i currently have one filter which is quoted at 2000lph i know this empty but do have a spate rena xp3 that i can add which also means i can use the hydro inline heater. Would this be suffice with the amount of fish and tank size.?
cheers,

trumps

PostAuthor: FunkyFish » Fri Nov 25, 2011 09:57

going back to your other question... no there are not any F1 available. no one has managed to breed them in captivity without horemone streatments and even then it only works on the females and they have to x breed with other syno's.

I'm going to give breeding them a go though :good: I think anything is possible if you give it the right environment :yes I just need to work out the correct environment, i have my ideas though :thumbs-up:

So far i've found wilds of these an absolute beginner fish :good: just leave them alone and they are happy messing about in the rocks, you see short bursts of activity from them then don't see them for a few hours. Once lights are out then they come out to play :good:

FunkyFish
Metriaclima Membe Deep
Metriaclima Membe Deep

PostAuthor: trumps » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:17

cheers funky,

so you saying that lord colin has not managed to get any to breed. :lmao:
cheers,

trumps

PostAuthor: FunkyFish » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:23

trumps wrote:cheers funky,

so you saying that lord colin has not managed to get any to breed. :lmao:

i don't think he has tried :no most people dont bother because no other person has succeeded :lol: dwarf petricola and multis are the only ones that easily breed i think :?

FunkyFish
Metriaclima Membe Deep
Metriaclima Membe Deep

PostAuthor: trumps » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:28

cheers funky,

i suppose you and sam have had all of colin stock :lmao:
how many would you recommend giving my tank size and current stock. :?:
cheers,

trumps

PostAuthor: FunkyFish » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:36

i'm no pro on them mate so don't know what quantity is best, sam found 1 just spent all day hiding. they are natural shoal fish so a group is a must IMO. I have gone with a group of 6 and they seem VERY happy in 350 litres. I think Sam has 4 now so see what he says about that size group :good:

I think its more a question of how well your tank is filtered and if there is enough places to hide! :good: the bigger syno's have kicked out my big trewevasae out of his cave and he is a good 7"+ fish, he tries to nudge them back out but they are just to quick for him :lol: Oddly not 1 fish has tried to nibble on the syno's, my plec always gets in a tussle and loses a bit of finage yet the malawi's seem to know they can't mess with these guys :?: :? :?: :? :?: :? :?: :?

FunkyFish
Metriaclima Membe Deep
Metriaclima Membe Deep

PostAuthor: trumps » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:44

cheers funky,

how many mbuna you got in your tank just out of curiosity :?:
cheers,

trumps

PostAuthor: FunkyFish » Mon Nov 28, 2011 09:50

trumps wrote:cheers funky,

how many mbuna you got in your tank just out of curiosity :?:

:blush: i don't know. will have a little count up later and do a complete uptodate stock list :good: :good:

FunkyFish
Metriaclima Membe Deep
Metriaclima Membe Deep

Return to Other Fishes