Navigator
Online Users

In total there are 26 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 25 guests

Most users ever online was 373 on Thu Dec 06, 2007 19:29

Registered users: Bing [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

Last Online
In order to view the online list you have to be registered and logged in.

We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.

Click here to Register

Search

Not feeding

THIS IS A READ ONLY FORUM. PLEASE VISIT OUR FACEBOOK PAGE ON https://www.facebook.com/groups/312863568081/

Moderators: Nads, Ray, iwade4fish, Super Turtleman, matt_harry_harrison

Re: Not feeding

PostAuthor: matt_harry_harrison » Sun Jun 30, 2013 09:21

I would just to be sure..

Matt
matt_harry_harrison

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

PostAuthor: maxie » Sat Jul 06, 2013 08:38

well i lost him last night :cryy gutted !!

maxie
Metriaclima Estherae
Metriaclima Estherae

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

PostAuthor: matt_harry_harrison » Sat Jul 06, 2013 17:50

Sorry to hear that mate, how is the rest of the tank?

Its no fun losing a fish, especially if it's a favourite or part of a breeding group ;-( we have all been there one way or another.

Matt
matt_harry_harrison

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

PostAuthor: maxie » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:16

thanks for the advice matt regarding the octi, i rang them and spoke to one of there guys and got some advice on dosage etc, and although i did loose to beauties the other one that was poorly seems to of perked up and is feeding again :) i used 80 tablets for the three day course... starting with 20 then 25 then 35 on the final day for my 400 ish litre :) which is slightly above the recommended dose but after speaking to there tech guys i thought this would be a good start. i have bought a bottle of pills just in case it happens again.. thanks again guys :)

maxie
Metriaclima Estherae
Metriaclima Estherae

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

PostAuthor: trumps » Thu Jul 18, 2013 21:18

If I notice a fish that is not eating and has stringy poo, then I will try and catch and put in a hospital tank and do a one off 8x dose, if notice a couple of fish then will treat the whole tank at the same dose and don't feed for at five days :good:
cheers,

trumps

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

PostAuthor: matt_harry_harrison » Fri Jul 19, 2013 22:21

Difficult call to make - I have found this sort of thing can be really contagious and lost 50% of the fish in my QT tank to an outbreak in 4 days (10 fish) after that I tend to over react a little.....

Matt
matt_harry_harrison

Previous

Return to Health, Illness and Feeding Cichlids