Navigator
Online Users

In total there are 30 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 28 guests

Most users ever online was 373 on Thu Dec 06, 2007 19:29

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

Last Online
In order to view the online list you have to be registered and logged in.

We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.

Click here to Register

Search

stringy white poo

THIS IS A READ ONLY FORUM. PLEASE VISIT OUR FACEBOOK PAGE ON https://www.facebook.com/groups/312863568081/

Moderators: Nads, Ray, iwade4fish, Super Turtleman, matt_harry_harrison

stringy white poo

PostAuthor: Sweety » Mon Mar 24, 2014 02:20

At time my Saulosi have stringy poops can be white with blocks of normal colour in them. Now it,s not every day but I doo see if a few times a week & have been like this since I got them a couple months back. They are eating fine infact their greedy pigs but I mainly feed once a day sometimes twice but only a couple times a week. They have been on the same food for 6 month easy as my mate was looking after them before I got them in his shop can't remember the name of food off hand but it is a malawi flake. PH 8, Nitrate 10 the others are 0 temp is at 78'f & 40% water change every week. Fish are acting normal & no sunken/swollen bellies

Sweety
Pseudotropheus Demasoni
Pseudotropheus Demasoni

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership

Re: stringy white poo

PostAuthor: DeanDowney » Wed Apr 02, 2014 17:50

Bump.

DeanDowney
Pseudotropheus Demasoni
Pseudotropheus Demasoni

PostAuthor: Sweety » Thu Apr 03, 2014 20:50

It looks as if they might have had an internal parasite & after chatting with a guy from the US about it I've treated them via their food with a mix of epsom salt & waterlife octozin which looks as if it's done the trick :fundance going to give it a week or two & will do it again as new stock is getting added to the tank next week

Sweety
Pseudotropheus Demasoni
Pseudotropheus Demasoni

PostAuthor: DeanDowney » Thu Apr 03, 2014 21:15

Sweety wrote:It looks as if they might have had an internal parasite & after chatting with a guy from the US about it I've treated them via their food with a mix of epsom salt & waterlife octozin which looks as if it's done the trick :fundance going to give it a week or two & will do it again as new stock is getting added to the tank next week

Glad you got an answer. :)

DeanDowney
Pseudotropheus Demasoni
Pseudotropheus Demasoni

PostAuthor: matt_harry_harrison » Thu Apr 03, 2014 22:22

Hi missed this first time round,

Are you feeding "new era" products by any chance? These can be too rich for most and I certainly would not feed this daily.

Other options could be that your a fish down and the others have found/devoured his remains? Iffy pooh is often a sign of a diet change.....

All that said I am glad you got help, Octozin is very good stuff and I am never without it for digestive problems in my tanks.

Matt
matt_harry_harrison

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

PostAuthor: Sweety » Fri Apr 04, 2014 23:04

Cheers Mat, no not missing any fish as i've only got 3 in the tank at the min so did wonder if it could be a little stress related as the larger of the 3 (Mrs grumpy) chases the other female & the male about. I'm feeding Malawi flake by Tropical which my mate sells in his shop & feeds his stock fish & his personal ones but never had this prob with the poop :roll:

Sweety
Pseudotropheus Demasoni
Pseudotropheus Demasoni

PostAuthor: matt_harry_harrison » Sat Apr 05, 2014 18:40

Easily be stress related with only 3 fish you are very seriously understocked !
matt_harry_harrison

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

PostAuthor: Sweety » Sat Apr 05, 2014 21:14

matt_harry_harrison wrote:Easily be stress related with only 3 fish you are very seriously understocked !

I know I am but out of the 6 saulosi I got 4 turned out to be males & they were fighting badly & the 2 girls were getting chased none stop so after talking to the seller I returned 3 males & kept the 2nd dominant as he was very layed back & has stopped that way so far. The under stocking will be sorted out on Wednesday as i'm doing a 100 mile round trip to pick up 12x 1" saulosi just hoping a high percentage turn out to be females :pray

Sweety
Pseudotropheus Demasoni
Pseudotropheus Demasoni

Return to Health, Illness and Feeding Cichlids