Navigator
Online Users

In total there are 6 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 5 guests

Most users ever online was 373 on Thu Dec 06, 2007 19:29

Registered users: Bing [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

Last Online
In order to view the online list you have to be registered and logged in.

We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.

Click here to Register

Search

Synodontis njassae

THIS IS A READ ONLY FORUM. PLEASE VISIT OUR FACEBOOK PAGE ON https://www.facebook.com/groups/312863568081/

Moderators: Ray, iwade4fish, trumpette, trumps, Super Turtleman

Synodontis njassae

PostAuthor: trumps » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:04

Hi all,

Just wandering if anyone knows if the the synodontis njassae swap eggs with other budding fish the same as the the cuckoo syno, as two of my synos have been what seems like fighting with each other and staying very close, I have herd that with the cuckoo this is breeding behaviour! I know that the syno njassae haven't been known to breed in captivity before so it's very unlikely but could there be a chance, as I have two holding females at the moment :pray
cheers,

trumps

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Re: Synodontis njassae

PostAuthor: matt_harry_harrison » Fri Oct 18, 2013 21:53

Terry is your man for that, I think he has a big group (or did have at one point) .......

My Tang Syno's are often a bit pushy but no kittens yet ;-(

Matt
matt_harry_harrison

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Re: Synodontis njassae

PostAuthor: FunkyFish » Sat Oct 19, 2013 16:39

no one knows how or where they breed not even the pro's that live by the lake... a few ideas are out there but its a guessing game. I've tried a couple things but i don't even know if i have a mix of males and females or all the same. I found an article somewhere about some eastern European breeders who bred njassae with some other syno with the help of hormone injections but naturally its a mystery.

FunkyFish
Metriaclima Membe Deep
Metriaclima Membe Deep

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Return to General Section On Malawi Cichlids