Navigator
Online Users

In total there are 14 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 12 guests

Most users ever online was 373 on Thu Dec 06, 2007 19:29

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

Last Online
In order to view the online list you have to be registered and logged in.

We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.

Click here to Register

Search

New to forum

THIS IS A READ ONLY FORUM. PLEASE VISIT OUR FACEBOOK PAGE ON https://www.facebook.com/groups/312863568081/

Moderators: Nads, Ray, iwade4fish, Super Turtleman, matt_harry_harrison

New to forum

PostAuthor: nshaw75 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 16:09

Hi,I'm Nathan, from Dewsbury West Yorks. Had a break for a couple of years but have recently stocked my tank again. :hi

nshaw75
Labidochromis Caeruleus
Labidochromis Caeruleus

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Re: New to forum

PostAuthor: DeanDowney » Sun Mar 23, 2014 17:18

Welcome Nathan. :)

DeanDowney
Pseudotropheus Demasoni
Pseudotropheus Demasoni

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

PostAuthor: AltafH » Sun Mar 23, 2014 17:59

nshaw75 wrote:Hi,I'm Nathan, from Dewsbury West Yorks. Had a break for a couple of years but have recently stocked my tank again. :hi

Hi,

Im just around the corner in Bradford and have started stocking my tank once again. However, im struggling to find a decent LFS around here. Where do you tend to go?

Regards

AltafH
Pseudotropheus Tropheops
Pseudotropheus Tropheops

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

PostAuthor: nshaw75 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 20:18

AltafH wrote:
nshaw75 wrote:Hi,I'm Nathan, from Dewsbury West Yorks. Had a break for a couple of years but have recently stocked my tank again. :hi

Hi,

Im just around the corner in Bradford and have started stocking my tank once again. However, im struggling to find a decent LFS around here. Where do you tend to go?

Regards

Hi AltafH

There is a very good bloke who has a shop on the A650 at Tingley called Tingley tropicals. The only trouble with him is everytime I pop in he isn't open. If you have a car and can travel a little further afield there is Ferrybridge Aquatics in the centre of Ferrybridge. It's half an hour away along the M62. Not only do they have a great array of fish they are also very knowledgeable and helpful. Open everyday except Wednesday I think and it is always heaving in the shop.http://www.ferrybridge-aquatics.co.uk/

nshaw75
Labidochromis Caeruleus
Labidochromis Caeruleus

PostAuthor: Sweety » Sun Mar 23, 2014 22:47

:hi and :welcome: to the forum

Sweety
Pseudotropheus Demasoni
Pseudotropheus Demasoni

PostAuthor: trumps » Sun Mar 23, 2014 23:11

:hi and welcome to the forum

It all depends on what quality of fish you are looking for tbh, as most lfs tend to stock Asian or chech bred fish which are not the best of quality tbh.

I use two suppliers who get wilds in one is in Leicester and the other in merseyside and both post
cheers,

trumps

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

PostAuthor: matt_harry_harrison » Mon Mar 24, 2014 09:17

Hi and welcome to the forum :welcome: :welcome:

Matt
matt_harry_harrison

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

PostAuthor: Rdwh » Tue Mar 25, 2014 15:47

Welcome to the forum Nathan, I've heard of Tingley aquatics before and good stuff, but if they are closed most of the time now then they cant be that busy which in turn not so good :O

:welcome: to the forum
Lakemalawi.co.uk The number one resource centre on Malawi Cichlids.
Rdwh
Forum Control
Forum Control

12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership

PostAuthor: nshaw75 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 05:57

Rdwh wrote:Welcome to the forum Nathan, I've heard of Tingley aquatics before and good stuff, but if they are closed most of the time now then they cant be that busy which in turn not so good :O

:welcome: to the forum

The place is only a little place run by an old couple (retirement age) who have been in business for years. They have probably forgotten more stuff about fish than I will ever know. I popped in there this week and they had some absolutely lovely fish for sale.

nshaw75
Labidochromis Caeruleus
Labidochromis Caeruleus

PostAuthor: trumps » Mon Mar 31, 2014 08:18

Did you see anything you liked and what my might be going into your tank?
cheers,

trumps

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

PostAuthor: nshaw75 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 13:26

trumps wrote:Did you see anything you liked and what my might be going into your tank?

I saw plenty that took my fancy the majority are fairly well grown, however, my tank is fairly overstocked as it is. They had a lovely orange/blue peacock in there which I was tempted to buy.

nshaw75
Labidochromis Caeruleus
Labidochromis Caeruleus

Return to Introduce Yourself