Navigator
Online Users

In total there are 37 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 35 guests

Most users ever online was 373 on Thu Dec 06, 2007 19:29

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

Last Online
In order to view the online list you have to be registered and logged in.

We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.

Click here to Register

Search

Hi I am new here, your thoughts please

THIS IS A READ ONLY FORUM. PLEASE VISIT OUR FACEBOOK PAGE ON https://www.facebook.com/groups/312863568081/

Moderators: Nads, Ray, iwade4fish, Super Turtleman, matt_harry_harrison

Hi I am new here, your thoughts please

PostAuthor: a-rnow » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:48

Big HELLO
I am Raf you can find me up on the EBAY platform selling a Limestone for all African Cichlid Enthusiasts. I have placed the same topic elsewhere to get my work more approachable. Can share your thoughts please.
Here is my story.
Exactly one year ago I was made redundant getting some money for goodbye. I thought I’ll make a use of it investing some in Malawi set up. No corners cutting, so I wanted to be as much accurate as possible imitating a natural biotope for this colourful fish. In a book I bought I found out that organizing a limestone as a layout is what I and my fish will love just because almost entire environment is created of it making the water chemistry so unique.
Now problems. Spent days looking for right rocks going from one to the other diy/garden shop. Yes you are right there is plenty of choice, even cotswold as one of the limestone types can give you increased pH. But what I’ve discovered gathering informations about it was not enough convincing. Heard stories of gardeners experiencing problem of stone dissolving under watery conditions when used in garden projects. So said NO to it.
Reading everyday an articles of Malawi Lake and its substrate I have came across the type which accurs in there and I was actually able to get. Quantity issue arrived (had to be huge buy). I thought if I am having headache to adjust the hardness and first of all the pH in nautural way ONLY there must be more people with their love to cichlids as well so…

HERE I AM http:(link removed until question below answered)

Can you please tell me what you personally think? Was it a good idea having it within a few clicks? Do you like the look of it at all?
Will appreciate any comment/suggestion.
Regards Raf

a-rnow
Labidochromis Caeruleus
Labidochromis Caeruleus

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Re: Hi I am new here, your thoughts please

PostAuthor: BLUNDZ » Wed Apr 17, 2013 17:24

Ajust your ph with bicarbonate of soda and also use seachem lake salts for all the mineral goodness your fish need. This way you leave nothing to chance and give your fish the best chance to thrive rather than just surrvive.

As for rocks, go for what you like the look of, although i would avoid anything too chalky.

BLUNDZ
Metriaclima Membe Deep
Metriaclima Membe Deep

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

PostAuthor: Nads » Wed Apr 17, 2013 18:14

HI and welcome to the forum :hi :welcome:

Can I ask for a bit more info as I cannot be certain if you are a hobbiest or looking to start a new business. If you are looking to advertise we offer very good rates for sponsorship, otherwise you will have to wait until you have 25 posts to do so.

Don't want to be harsh, but if you could give some info it would be greatly appreciated. I have removed the link from your post for now until this can be clarified :good:
Nads
Mel. Northern Blue
Mel. Northern Blue

11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership

PostAuthor: a-rnow » Mon Apr 22, 2013 21:30

I am hoobiest but want to supply other ones with what they might neef thats why I wnat to be here

a-rnow
Labidochromis Caeruleus
Labidochromis Caeruleus

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

PostAuthor: Rdwh » Tue Apr 23, 2013 17:16

Welcome to the forum, have you any pictures of your fish? Where do you buy your fish from?
Lakemalawi.co.uk The number one resource centre on Malawi Cichlids.
Rdwh
Forum Control
Forum Control

12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership

PostAuthor: a-rnow » Tue Apr 23, 2013 20:13

hi again, m trying to understand why m i receiving this checking welcome. Yes I am hobbiest, yes I do have pics of me fish, yes I do buy cichlids from my LFS at Porton. On top of that yes if anyone can not get limestone anywhere I can help. cheers

a-rnow
Labidochromis Caeruleus
Labidochromis Caeruleus

PostAuthor: trumps » Tue Apr 23, 2013 23:17

Are you charging for the limestone and what quantities are you looking to move?

If you have a lot for sale then you will need to contact rdwh@lakemalwi.co.uk
cheers,

trumps

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

PostAuthor: Rdwh » Wed Apr 24, 2013 00:05

Raf,

My post was actually asking normal questions that a hobbyists asks another hobbiest, however since every post you make is more interested in selling your special rock rather than trying to interact with other hobbiests I think it's best you understand straight away that if this is all you want to do, then it won't be accepted here or anywhere else. These forums are not for freeloading the Internet just to make sales and profit from people. It costs people money to run these forums and the main essence of becoming a member is to interact and give advice, not to join simply to sell so perhaps if you can understand that this is the reason for the checking. The people doing the "checking" are explaining things in a polite way, I am just saying it straight that if you are here to sell off the back of free advertising, forget it as your posts will not be accepted and your account deleted. To join up simply to ply your trade is not welcome, freeloading is not accepted I'm afraid.
As with eBay, you have to pay to sell.
Lakemalawi.co.uk The number one resource centre on Malawi Cichlids.
Rdwh
Forum Control
Forum Control

12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership

Return to Introduce Yourself