Navigator
Online Users

In total there are 22 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 21 guests

Most users ever online was 373 on Thu Dec 06, 2007 19:29

Registered users: Bing [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

Last Online
In order to view the online list you have to be registered and logged in.

We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.

Click here to Register

Search

Turtleman's "Zaire Blue" Kapampa Frontosa

THIS IS A READ ONLY FORUM. PLEASE VISIT OUR FACEBOOK PAGE ON https://www.facebook.com/groups/312863568081/

Moderators: Ray, iwade4fish, trumpette, trumps, Super Turtleman

Re: F1 Frontosa "Zaire Blue" Kapampa Diary

PostAuthor: vinboy » Mon Dec 12, 2011 09:42

Great group of fronts :good:
I like the rocks and sand shows of the fish well but i would put a pile either end to hide pipes to give a natural view :)
Maybe a loads of valis could look very nice.
vinny
vinboy
Metriaclima Membe Deep
Metriaclima Membe Deep

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

PostAuthor: matt_harry_harrison » Mon Dec 12, 2011 18:07

Looking really cool !

Always fancied having these and the Malawi Cytacara Moori together as both have that massive "egg head" look.

Matt
matt_harry_harrison

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

PostAuthor: Super Turtleman » Mon Dec 12, 2011 18:17

vinboy wrote:Great group of fronts :good:
I like the rocks and sand shows of the fish well but i would put a pile either end to hide pipes to give a natural view :)
Maybe a loads of valis could look very nice.
vinny

I agree with using the rocks to hide the pipe work more. Gonna have to go "borrow" a little more. :lol: I don't think I'll be adding any plants though.

matt_harry_harrison wrote:Looking really cool !

Always fancied having these and the Malawi Cytacara Moori together as both have that massive "egg head" look.

Matt

These fronts shouldn't have too much of an "egghead" look. One of the main reasons I chose them. I will update a few more pics tonight.

catwoman wrote:Cool pic's mate :good:

do you have any normal recent pic's of the tank & frontosa?

did you sell your male comp's in the end Emil? do you have just the colony of frontosa in their now & how big have they grown?

lol question time :blush:

I too WILL have a colony of Frontosa "one day" :P

I'll update with some pics tonight. They are doing good but I'm starting to see some aggression. I'm thinking I'm going to have to start making some moves here soon. I'm pretty sure I've identified the 2 males I want to keep so the hard part will be identifying all the females. There's an auction coming up in January which would be a good time to rehome a few extra males. We'll see.
Super Turtleman

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

PostAuthor: kathateria » Mon Dec 12, 2011 19:05

Good,I cant wait to see it :good:
There is no such thing as a peaceful mbuna.They are all 2 faced moody sods!
kathateria
Metriaclima Membe Deep
Metriaclima Membe Deep

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

PostAuthor: Super Turtleman » Tue Dec 13, 2011 03:16

December 2011

Fighting and aggression is going up...getting close to the time to thin out the herd.I've identified 2 males I will keep, now have to identify all the females.

Super Turtleman

PostAuthor: catwoman » Tue Dec 13, 2011 05:49

aawwww they are looking fab Emil :D

good luck with identifying all the female's mate, are you going to vent them? do you have a rough idea of which ones are the females? x
catwoman
Metriaclima Membe Deep
Metriaclima Membe Deep

PostAuthor: robweb » Tue Dec 13, 2011 20:52

these look like they are going turn out to be quality fish.
Warrington Wolves Challenge cup Winners 2009/2010
League Leaders Shield Winners 2010
robweb
Metriaclima Estherae
Metriaclima Estherae

PostAuthor: Super Turtleman » Tue Dec 13, 2011 23:06

robweb wrote:these look like they are going turn out to be quality fish.

Thanks...I'm quite happy with them. :D

catwoman wrote:aawwww they are looking fab Emil :D

good luck with identifying all the female's mate, are you going to vent them? do you have a rough idea of which ones are the females? x

Kinda, I have my suspicions but I will try my hand at venting and see how that goes. I think I may keep 3 males though, hopefully it'll better distribute aggression in the tank vs. 2 males constantly going at it. Will update once I take the plunge. :yes
Super Turtleman

PostAuthor: Becca » Wed Dec 21, 2011 00:19

Wow Emil these are stunning!! -really growing up are'nt they! Well done, loving the tank layout aswell :good:

My Nangu group is turning out male heavy- though have 3 definate females (un)succesfully breeding with the beta male :? -Alpha proving to be too much of a thug for the little ladies!
Now for the hunt for unrelated!

Best of luck with yours and i look forward to the update pics
Becca
Melanochromis Maingano
Melanochromis Maingano

PostAuthor: Super Turtleman » Wed Dec 21, 2011 02:29

Thanks Becca. Will have to get a look at yours. Do you have a thread on this site with them (can't remember).
Super Turtleman

PostAuthor: Becca » Thu Dec 22, 2011 18:27

I managed to get sand in my camera so no pics at the moment im afraid- hopefully santa will bring me a new one for xmas :D
Becca
Melanochromis Maingano
Melanochromis Maingano

PostAuthor: Super Turtleman » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:39

A recent video...

Super Turtleman

PostAuthor: Super Turtleman » Mon Feb 04, 2013 22:56

Thought I'd post an update for those who may be interested. I changed the sand out for now. Probably swap it out back and forth every few years. They're doing great. This video was taken yesterday...

Super Turtleman

PostAuthor: Ray » Mon Feb 04, 2013 23:36

wow mate that looks like a huge tank and very nice fish
Ray

12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership

PostAuthor: Super Turtleman » Tue Apr 09, 2013 19:53

They're attempting to breed now. Not sure the males are mature enough to fertilize but it's encouraging that they're trying. I just finished rescaping and doing a water change and they chose one of the tightest spots to "go at it". Lol.

Super Turtleman

PreviousNext

Return to Tank Diaries and Other Diy Projects